Please find below the learning for the week commencing 10th May 2021
Benny is still on his travels, so this week we will be finding out about one of the countries he has visited. You will be note taking and gathering information in order to write a letter all about the Sahara Desert
1. Watch the videos below to learn more about the Sahara Desert. Write down some interesting facts and information on your note taking sheet.
Complete English activity sheet 1. Below are some videos and a website to help you learn more.
https://www.activewild.com/sahara-desert-facts-for-kids/ website with video
2. Can you identify the features of a letter? Complete English activity sheet 2.
3. Draft a letter to Benny telling him all about the Sahara Desert. Below is an example for you to read and reply to. Complete English activity sheet 3.
4. Write your letter out neatly, using neat cursive handwriting. Complete English activity sheet 4.
5. Log on to Letter-join and practise your handwriting formation daily. Make sure your letters are the same size and that ascenders are tall and descenders hang below the line. https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/(https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/)
Each week we will be looking at a different spelling patterns to support you to become confident and proficient spellers. This week we are looking at adding the suffixes er or est.
1. If a word ends in a short vowel sound (a,e,i,o, u) + a consonant, we double the consonant before adding –er or –est. Complete spelling activity sheet 1.
2. Dot and dash the graphemes in the words on spelling activity sheet 2. Watch the videos to help you find out more about dots and dashes (sound buttons).
3. Look at the root words and suffixes. Complete activity sheet 3. Watch the video to find out more about suffixes.
4. Create your own word search using the words you have been learning this week. Watch the video of Miss Perrett who will show you how to do this. There is a blank word search box below for you to use.
5. Practising writing these high frequency words by using the look, cover, write, check sheet below. Spelling Activity 5 Sheet
another, book, inside, keep, live, never, over, round, these, work
You can practise learning your spellings in different way;
- Write them in sprinkled flour
- Use chalk and write them on a path
- Use finger paints
- Make the letters out of playdough or pasta
- Write the word in large letters – Cut out each letter – Mix the letters up – Then put the letters back in the correct order
Once you have learnt the spellings, use the words to create your own interesting sentences.
This week we are looking at measurement: length and height.
1. Watch the video below and complete maths activity sheet 1
Compare length and height - https://vimeo.com/529983692
2. Watch the videos below and complete maths activity sheet 2
Measure lengths - https://vimeo.com/529984333
Measure lengths - https://vimeo.com/529984731
3. Watch the video below and complete maths activity sheet 3
Measuring lengths in centimetres (cm) - https://vimeo.com/529985056
4. Watch the video below and complete maths activity sheet 4
Measuring lengths in metres (m) - https://vimeo.com/530927390
5. Complete the maths challenge sheets at the bottom of the page. How quickly can you do them? Remember to record your time ready for next week’s challenges. Remember to write the inverse for each calculation. Complete maths activity sheet 5.
We have been finding out about bears and today we will learning about what a bear needs to survive. Below are some websites and videos to help you learn more. Complete science activity sheet 1 by writing about bear habitats.
This week we are learning all about the Sahara Desert. Below are some super interactive games and quizzes to test your knowledge of the world’s largest desert.
Have fun colouring online with these African animals. Some of the animals you will find live in the Sahara. Do you know which ones?