Here are some continuous learning activities for you to complete if you are self-isolating at home
It is important that you read every day for 20 minutes and record this in your Home School Diary. If you run out of books to read at home then you can access texts from one of the sites below.
You can set up a free parent account on the following site. It includes books to read or to listen to. Choose books from this site and read at least three times a week
Magic Key - http://www.magickeys.com/books/ Picture books to read and share together
Story Line - https://www.storylineonline.net/ Stories to listen to and watch
Can you answer the following questions about what you have read?
1. Can you make a list of the characters in the story? Choose 1 and describe them. What do they look like (tall, fluffy, spotty) and what is their personality like (friendly, happy, unkind)?
2. Can you summarise what you have read? Can you retell the story in order? First……. Next……
3. Where does the story take place? Can you describe the setting or draw a picture of it?
1. Can you watch the Letters and Sounds lessons for the letters we have already learnt and are learning this week? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuGr6z2H2KNHY2HITC9jV0a65ED0aD2Ry All the lessons are online, you need to scroll and find the Year 1 lessons.
2. Recap phase 3 sounds with Mr Thorn and his friend Geraldine the Giraffe! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqh11DN6jmbC-OTx1N8jpEo6uCTeTDszR
3. Phonics games – Play one of the free games and select phase 3, 4 or 5 https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/5
On page 28 of your Home School Diary you will find the Year 1 common exception words. You need to be able to read and spell these by the end of Year 1. To help you learn them, play the games below. Choose 6 new words each week or more if you’d like to.
1. Can you play matching pairs with the words?
2. Rainbow writing- Choose 5 words from the word list and write each letter in a different colour to create a rainbow word?
3. Can you write the word, cut up each letter and reorder it to spell the word?
1. Days of the week. Watch the video, play the game and take the quiz. Can you make flash cards with the days of the week on and order them each day?
2. Alphabetical order. Can you name the letters of the alphabet in order? Can you order a list of words in alphabetical order? Watch the video and play the game.
3. Can you add the full stops and capital letters to the document saved at the bottom of this page?
Play Numbots for 10 minutes every day. Your login is stuck in your Home School Diary.
1. Watch the video about doubling numbers. Can you use resources at home to find the answers to doubles? https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08q4jkq/numberblocks-series-2-double-trouble
2. Can you order and sequence numbers 0-100? Play the game and then complete the worksheet below. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering
3. Number bonds – Watch the video, play the games and take the quiz. There is a worksheet below you could try too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zwv39j6/articles/zx3982
Number bond song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9tjBUiXs0
4. Time - Chronological order https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zhk82hv/articles/zydsb82